Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by John W Ross <jw...@us.ibm.com> on 2015/08/13 19:52:29 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Aries Testsupport Unit 2.0.0

Sorry if this ends up being a duplicate due to the ongoing email issues,
but all other messages that I sent out since yesterday morning have now
come through in the right order except this one which was the very first.
So I'm assuming it got lost.

I'm considering doing a 2.0.0 release of org.apache.aries.testsupport.unit
as a prerequisite to a new subsystems release but am not sure it's really
necessary. The subsystem-core module uses the last released
testsupport-unit version of 1.0.0. Attempting to debug subsystem-core code
while running an itest is not possible apparently due to the pax-exam
version conflicts. Pointing subsystem-core to the testsupport-unit
2.0.0-SNAPSHOT version fixes the issue. Since we've never released
subsystem-itest, and there are no plans to do so this time, it's not clear
to me if leaving subsystem-core pointing to the 1.0.0 version will hurt
anything.

Thoughts?

The last release of testsupport-unit is version 1.0.0:
http://search.maven.org/#search|gav|1|g%3A%22org.apache.aries.testsupport%22%20AND%20a%3A%22org.apache.aries.testsupport.unit%22

The release tag is here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.testsupport.unit-1.0.0/

You can do "svn diff -r 1352338" from trunk to see the changes since the
last release.

The only related JIRA I could find is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1188.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Aries Testsupport Unit 2.0.0

Posted by John W Ross <jw...@us.ibm.com>.
My preference would be to not have to do a testsupport-unit release. I can
simply point subsystem-core back to 1.0.0 for the release and change it to
2.0.0-SNAPSHOT for trunk.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.