Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Joshua Martin <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/16 19:37:54 UTC

Get Wicket Variable Inside Applet

How can I access a variable in the Wicket Application class from
inside my Java Applet on a Wicket page?

Re: Get Wicket Variable Inside Applet

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you have to wire it as a param tag to the applet

-igor

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
then you have to marshall the object.

you can either use something like xstream or simple to create an xml
representation and send that over. or, more directly, you can
serialize the object using java's serialization, base64 encode it, and
pass that.

-igor

Posted by Nicolas Melendez <nm...@getsense.com.ar>.
remember, you can only do TCP/IP request to the server from the applet
came from, if you do to another IP, you will have problem
with the sandbox.
if you want to do the request to another IP, the applet should be
sing, and the user should accept a molest Dialog.

Posted by Joshua Martin <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joshua Martin <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Melendez <nm...@getsense.com.ar>.

Posted by Joshua Martin <jo...@gmail.com>.