Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Kamalanathan Raman <Ka...@infosys.com> on 2007/01/03 14:15:14 UTC

classcastException when trying to deploy

Hi , iam new to Geronimo, can u help me out in figuring out why this
problem is occurring, when I try to deploy the application. What I have
done is, I have added 2 ejb jars as dependencies in Geronimo-web.xml .I
added these two ejb jars in the repository folder of geronimo 1.1. and
the EAR that iam trying to deploy also contains these two EJB jars may
be because of that it is showing this error or wat else. Any pointer in
this regard will be duly appreciated.

Deployer operation failed: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.openejb.xbeans.ejbjar.impl.OpenejbSessionBeanTypeImpl

org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.openejb.xbeans.ejbjar.impl.OpenejbSessionBeanTypeImpl

      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:383)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:124)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invo
ke(<generated>)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInv
oker.java:38)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.j
ava:122)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.jav
a:852)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239
)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDepl
oy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:106)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(Distri
buteCommand.java:60)

      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

org.openejb.xbeans.ejbjar.impl.OpenejbSessionBeanTypeImpl

      at
org.openejb.deployment.EntityBuilder.buildBeans(EntityBuilder.java:106)

      at
org.openejb.deployment.OpenEJBModuleBuilder.addGBeans(OpenEJBModuleBuild
er.java:516)

      at
org.openejb.deployment.OpenEJBModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$11bd7b20.
invoke(<generated>)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInv
oker.java:38)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.j
ava:122)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.jav
a:817)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperation
Invoker.java:35)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyM
ethodInterceptor.java:96)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ModuleBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2448
a8b3.addGBeans(<generated>)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(
EARConfigBuilder.java:562)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$
38e56ec6.invoke(<generated>)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInv
oker.java:38)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.j
ava:122)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.jav
a:817)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperation
Invoker.java:35)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyM
ethodInterceptor.java:96)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.ConfigurationBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$30
35b125.buildConfiguration(<generated>)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:302)

      ... 10 more

Re: classcastException when trying to deploy

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 3, 2007, at 8:15 AM, Kamalanathan Raman wrote:

> Hi , iam new to Geronimo, can u help me out in figuring out why
> this problem is occurring, when I try to deploy the application.
> What I have done is, I have added 2 ejb jars as dependencies in
> Geronimo-web.xml .I added these two ejb jars in the repository
> folder of geronimo 1.1. and the EAR that iam trying to deploy also
> contains these two EJB jars may be because of that it is showing
> this error or wat else. Any pointer in this regard will be duly
> appreciated.
Kamalanathan,
Can you check your deployment descriptors? In particular your bean
names? Do you have an entity bean and a session bean with the same name?

My initial thought was you had a classloader issue. However, it looks
more basic than that...

--kevan