Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2017/10/02 13:14:35 UTC

[website] FYI, removed feed.xml (was Re: Unrelated ordering changes...)

Hi Justin,

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com> wrote:
> ...However, the time is wrong since it is in local time yet doesn't include
> the timezone....

Thanks for fixing this in feed.xml but after taking another look I
have disabled that page for now, it was a leftover from the sample
site I used to start with JBake.

The feed was initially empty, and when I fixed that I noticed that the
<updated> field is set to the website generation date for each page,
which renders the feed useless IMO.

If someone ever wants to resurrect and fix the feed, just set
render.feed=true in jbake.properties.

-Bertrand

Re: [website] FYI, removed feed.xml (was Re: Unrelated ordering changes...)

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 9:14 AM Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>
> wrote:
> > ...However, the time is wrong since it is in local time yet doesn't
> include
> > the timezone....
>
> Thanks for fixing this in feed.xml but after taking another look I
> have disabled that page for now, it was a leftover from the sample
> site I used to start with JBake.

Fine by me. I noticed it was empty, but wanted to focus on the issue at
hand (the timestamp) since it seemed like the emptiness was unrelated.