Posted to user@commons.apache.org by James Shaw <js...@zepler.net> on 2011/02/16 23:18:58 UTC

[Net] Creating an FTPClient from a java.net.URL

If this has been raised before, I couldn't find it in the list
archives or JIRA.  It would be useful to configure an FTPClient using
a URL, similar to how FtpURLConnection does in the JRE.  Parsing a URL
to extract host, port, user info and path seems like something that
would be best implemented by the library, as opposed to any client
code.

If people agree, I'll have a go at submitting a patch for this.

--
Thanks
James Shaw

Re: [Net] Creating an FTPClient from a java.net.URL

Posted by Jeffrey Brekke <jb...@wi.rr.com>.
Sounds like commons-vfs?

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 4:18 PM, James Shaw <js...@zepler.net> wrote:

> If this has been raised before, I couldn't find it in the list
> archives or JIRA.  It would be useful to configure an FTPClient using
> a URL, similar to how FtpURLConnection does in the JRE.  Parsing a URL
> to extract host, port, user info and path seems like something that
> would be best implemented by the library, as opposed to any client
> code.
>
> If people agree, I'll have a go at submitting a patch for this.
>
> --
> Thanks
> James Shaw

Jeffrey D. Brekke