Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by "du.haipeng" <du...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/12 01:36:21 UTC

Time to deal with ffmpeg?

All:

  We have removed ffmpeg from our project because of license conflict.

  The simple version has no audio or video function,which is the core of the project.

  Some solution has been proposed in the maillist.

  I think it is time to deal with it and make a plan, is it?

  Thanks

du.haipeng
2009-03-12

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by Jin Cao <ca...@gmail.com>.
I think the problem is the potential risk of doing mass changes to our
project because of the incompatibility of interfaces between libvorbis and
our project.

--
Jin,Cao a.k.a caojin85cn@gmailcom

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by chenwei_yi2003 <ch...@126.com>.

--

Wei Chen @ Bluesky Team Xi'an JiaoTong University

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
On Sun 15 Mar 2009 18:40, Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> check out the libvorbis API references.
>
> 2009/3/15 Shan Jiang <da...@gmail.com>
>
>> The key point is that find some example C language source code of libvorbis
>> API.

Are you sure you want libvorbis or libtheora?  Are we talking about
audio or video?

For theora:

  http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/theora/examples/

And the vorbis and theora websites are very useful.  You may also want
to take some questions directly to them.

Finally, if you find theora will not work for you, the other
ASF-acceptable alternative to ffmpeg is dirac, written by the BBC:

  http://diracvideo.org

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by Shan Jiang <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Shan Jiang a.k.a dane @ Bluesky Dev Team XJTU

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bernd Fondermann wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> Thanks for discussing this on the list. You're on the right track.
>> It may seem pointless to some extend, because nobody else than you is
>> participating in the discussion. But be assured that this all is read
>> by many subscribers and those who will read this later from the
>> archives.
>>
>>   Bernd
>>

> Bernd,
> Exactly right. I am following this discussion.

+1

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com>.
Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Thanks for discussing this on the list. You're on the right track.
> It may seem pointless to some extend, because nobody else than you is
> participating in the discussion. But be assured that this all is read
> by many subscribers and those who will read this later from the
> archives.
>
>   Bernd

Bernd,
Exactly right. I am following this discussion.

Thanks,
Bill

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
Hey guys,

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by Jin Cao <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kevin!

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
audio part:

--
Bowen Ma a.k.a Samul Kevin @ Bluesky Dev Team    XJTU

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by chen hecky <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by Shan Jiang <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Shan Jiang a.k.a dane @ Bluesky Dev Team XJTU

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by HAIPENG DU <du...@gmail.com>.
2009/3/13 Jin Cao <ca...@gmail.com>:
> Adapter mode is good.Some of us will be familiar with the API of libvorbis

Chen Chen is the one.

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by Jin Cao <ca...@gmail.com>.

--
Jin,Cao a.k.a caojin85cn@gmailcom

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by HAIPENG DU <du...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by chen hecky <he...@gmail.com>.
Yes!  We should put forward a lib which accores with ASL to replace of
FFmpeg! So I  think we will face with this problem after the code submitted
to Apache.

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?

Posted by Shan Jiang <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time to deal with ffmpeg?