Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by david boyer <tc...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/16 23:17:11 UTC

How to: run Tomcat as a Windows service

This topic comes up regulary and I know first hand that getting Tomcat to
run as a Windows service can be a headache-especially if you want to run
multiple instances with different configurations and security policies. To
simplify this, I wrote a Visual Basic utilty that tackles this. It's
available here (it's a free web host so I hope it stays up):

http://jksvccfg.web1000.com

I've used it a number of times in addition to testing it throughout
development. I know there are a number of enhancements it needs, but they'll
come in time. It's alpha-quality although it does pretty much what it's
supposed to. Anyway, I'll try to polish things up and post an updated
version in the next couple weeks.