Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Steve Pole <co...@web.de> on 2004/08/21 20:05:13 UTC

Access Violation with MSVC 6/Win 2000

Hi all,

I just started using log4cxx and I run into the following problem:

Whenever I shut down my Win32/Qt application, I get an access violation in the logger:~logger
destructor. I don't really understand yet how the log4cxx internals work, that's why I can't figure
out what's actually going wrong, but the problem occurs reproducibly every time at the same
location, no matter if I use the debug, release or unicode d/r log4cxx dll.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to reproduce the problem with the trivial sample, although I have the
suspicion that it has something to do with the different symbols defined (like _CONSOLE or _WINDOWS,
etc.), but that's a wild guess.

Does anyone have an idea how to tackle that problem ? I'm pretty much grasping at straws here...

Thanks for anything,

Regards from Cape Town, South Africa,

CU S>