Posted to users@maven.apache.org by James Green <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/14 11:12:57 UTC

maven-shade-plugin question

What am I supposed to do with dependency-reduced-pom.xml? Add it to
revision control or ignore it?

Not entirely clear why I need it, but it's added by default so assume it's
important.

Also, the documentation for it is incorrect. The file is by default written
to the base dir and not the same dir as the shaded artifact (target).

Thanks,

James

Re: maven-shade-plugin question

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On 14 January 2015 at 10:12, James Green <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What am I supposed to do with dependency-reduced-pom.xml? Add it to
> revision control or ignore it?

I say ignore it.

For technical reasons a dependency reduced pom needs to land in the same
directory as the pom it is "replacing"

It is generated from the pom.xml, so you should not add it to SCM

> Not entirely clear why I need it, but it's added by default so assume it's
> important.
>
> Also, the documentation for it is incorrect. The file is by default written
> to the base dir and not the same dir as the shaded artifact (target).

Correct because IIUC the rector model is changed to point to this
dependency reduced pom and consequently other code will break if the
relative path from the depenency-reduced-pom.xml to the target/classes
directory is changed.