Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bu...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/24 16:47:22 UTC

HDFS File/Folder permission control with POSIX standard

Hi Guys,

In our scenario we have two hdfs user, research and development

now the current environment access of both users data, we want protect
user level data folders. The other user can't see others data.

like edit the files and removing files.

How to change folder permission in HDFS

Guys it's like POSIX standard right? Removing other users permission mens
it's can't access other right.

Please guide me.

-Dhanasekaran.

Re: HDFS File/Folder permission control with POSIX standard

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

Please give the HDFS Permissions Guide a read, it should answer your
questions: http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hdfs_permissions_guide.html

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Dhanasekaran Anbalagan
<bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> In our scenario we have two hdfs user, research and development
>
> now the current environment access of both users data, we want protect  user
> level data folders. The other user can't see others data.
>
> like edit the files and removing files.
>
> How to change folder permission in HDFS
>
> Guys it's like POSIX standard right? Removing other users permission mens
> it's can't access other right.
>
> Please guide me.
>
> -Dhanasekaran.

Harsh J

Re: HDFS File/Folder permission control with POSIX standard

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

<bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> In our scenario we have two hdfs user, research and development
>
> now the current environment access of both users data, we want protect  user
> level data folders. The other user can't see others data.
>
> like edit the files and removing files.
>
> How to change folder permission in HDFS
>
> Guys it's like POSIX standard right? Removing other users permission mens
> it's can't access other right.
>
> Please guide me.
>
> -Dhanasekaran.

Harsh J

Re: HDFS File/Folder permission control with POSIX standard

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

<bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> In our scenario we have two hdfs user, research and development
>
> now the current environment access of both users data, we want protect  user
> level data folders. The other user can't see others data.
>
> like edit the files and removing files.
>
> How to change folder permission in HDFS
>
> Guys it's like POSIX standard right? Removing other users permission mens
> it's can't access other right.
>
> Please guide me.
>
> -Dhanasekaran.

Harsh J

Re: HDFS File/Folder permission control with POSIX standard

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

<bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> In our scenario we have two hdfs user, research and development
>
> now the current environment access of both users data, we want protect  user
> level data folders. The other user can't see others data.
>
> like edit the files and removing files.
>
> How to change folder permission in HDFS
>
> Guys it's like POSIX standard right? Removing other users permission mens
> it's can't access other right.
>
> Please guide me.
>
> -Dhanasekaran.

Harsh J