Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2008/04/03 03:17:16 UTC

[ApacheDS] Problems with installers

Hi Pierre,

I noticed a couple problems with the installers.  I had to uninstall the
Debian (x86_64) installer and got the following output:

root@newton:/var/lib/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT/default/partitions# apt-get
remove apacheds
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  apacheds
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 9542kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
(Reading database ... 120060 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing apacheds ...
dpkg - warning: while removing apacheds, unable to remove directory `/opt':
Device or resource busy - directory may be a mount point ?
dpkg - warning: while removing apacheds, directory
`/opt/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT/bin' not empty so not removed.
dpkg - warning: while removing apacheds, directory
`/opt/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT' not empty so not removed.
dpkg - warning: while removing apacheds, unable to remove directory `/opt':
Device or resource busy - directory may be a mount point ?
dpkg - warning: while removing apacheds, directory
`/var/lib/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT/default/log' not empty so not removed.
dpkg - warning: while removing apacheds, directory
`/var/lib/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT/default/partitions' not empty so not
removed.
dpkg - warning: while removing apacheds, directory
`/var/lib/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT/default' not empty so not removed.
dpkg - warning: while removing apacheds, directory
`/var/lib/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT' not empty so not removed.

Notice that the uninstall is trying to delete the /opt directory.
Fortunately it could not do that but this kind of worries me.  Also there's
some other issues with source jars being put into the lib directory that
David noticed.  I think though this is probably something that's messed up
with our maven configuration.  These should not be in the list of
dependencies causing them to be installed into the lib directory of the
image.

Also for some reason I could not get the Debian installer to fire up the
when it worked before but I'm still trying to figure out why.  It might be
due to some of the recent changes.  I'm going to try to test all of the
installers tonight so I can give you all the feedback you need by tomorrow
morning.  I'll also post a test plan in a separate thread.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [ApacheDS] Problems with installers

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Oh, yeah, Apple Developer Tools must be installed on your machine to build
the Mac OS X package.

Actually you need two utilities on your Mac:

   - PackageMaker (/Developer/Applications/Utilities/PackageMaker.app) to
   create the .pkg installer package
   - Disk Utility (/Application/Utilities/Disk Utility.app) to create the
   .dmg disk image

DiskUtility is bundled with Mac OS X and PackageMaker is in the Dev tools.

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.