Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Scott Yeadon <sc...@anu.edu.au> on 2004/08/04 03:24:19 UTC

CForms: Validation via Java

Hello,

The CForms doco states that custom validators can be written in Java,
however I couldn't find any examples of this. How is the java class
reference set up in the fd:validation element - I tried the java element
(as per listener setup) however this is not recognised.

Thanks.

Scott.

Re: CForms: Validation via Java

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 03:24, Scott Yeadon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The CForms doco states that custom validators can be written in Java,
> however I couldn't find any examples of this. How is the java class
> reference set up in the fd:validation element - I tried the java element
> (as per listener setup) however this is not recognised.

This is not yet possible, the java element hasn't been implemented yet
(though it's no big deal). You can however add java based validators to
form instances at runtime, using the addValidator() method of the
widgets.