Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2017/07/24 00:11:17 UTC

How to make releases and released reviewing less tediuos?

Hi all,

is there any way we can improve the release process?
E.g. could we automatize it more?

To make a start, I am sharing here some commands that I find useful.
Maybe we could set up a place in the SVN to collect/build scripts.

=== Comparing SVN (ruta-2.6.1) vs. ZIP (ruta-2.6.1-svn)

diff -r -b -x DEPENDENCIES -x .svn -x issuesFixed -x '.project' -x 'MANIFEST.MF' -x 'META-INF' -x 'feature.xml' ruta-2.6.1 ruta-2.6.1-svn

=== Checking if versions have changed since a previous release

See attached script: mvn-diff-dependencies

=== Verify signature (because I always have to look it up)

gpg --verify --armor <ASC file>

=== Download all staged artifacts for a signature bulk-check

$ lftp <stage URL>
> mirror .
> exit
$ find . -name "*.asc" | xargs -n1 gpg --verify --armor

What is kind of annoying here is that the output needs to be checked
by eye. gpg --verify does not produce a proper exit code if the
signature verification fails :(

Cheers,

-- Richard

Re: How to make releases and released reviewing less tediuos?

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cw...@apache.org>.
Thanks for sharing. Before cutting an RC I use maven to find missing Apache
headers using this:

mvn -e apache-rat:check

Jerry

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.