Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Gosselin, Michael" <Mi...@AthenaDiagnostics.com> on 2006/03/28 21:26:36 UTC

Custom namespaces and/or document() function

I'm trying to get this document() problem to work, so I created a second
"namespace" so the document read in is available.  The original XSL file has
a custom namespace rr defined as such:

	<xsl:stylesheet exclude-result-prefixes="fo" version="1.1"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
xmlns:rr="urn:Correlagen:RightReport"

When the transform processes, it looks for data in the original XML document
(input using fop.sh -xml filename ...) and gets it like this:

	<xsl:value-of
select="//rr:CPatFile/rr:CSection[@sectionID='header']/rr:Content/div[@class
='patient']/table/tr/td/b[text()='Specimen Date:
']/following-sibling::text()"/>

Now, using the document() function, would I just merge the files into the
rr: namespace, or should I use it to put data into a new custom namespace?
If the latter, how would I access the data?

Any help appreciated, as always.

Michael Gosselin
Athena Diagnostics, Inc.
(508) 756-2886 x3708
(800) 394-4493 x3708

Re: Still need help with document(), layout

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
You might see more willingness to help on a mailing list dedicated to
XSLT, for example: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/resources.html#XSLT-at-Mulberry-Tech

Anyway, an XSLT without an XML is only for those who like mental
challenges. You make the life of those who help a lot easier if you
provide a full example so they can easily experiment.

On 29.03.2006 20:33:20 Gosselin, Michael wrote:
> I've attached the XSL file.
>
> You will see the following lines:
>
> 	<!-- <xsl:apply-templates select="document('ClientInfo.xml')"/>
> 	<xsl:apply-templates/>  -->
> 	<!-- Mailing information table-->
>
> The first two are the lines I added to import the data.  It just brought in
> all the data, then stuck it at the top of the output file, along with the
> rest of the XML file.
>
> The third is the comment.  The lines below that are where I'm having layout
> problems.  I can't seem to get the tables to work the way I want.  The first
> column goes off to the left of the paper.  I can't seem to get the space
> after the mailing information right, and I'm sure I'm going to need to
> modify the pages so that the top margin is a little lower.
>
> How do I get the document() function working, including getting the data I
> want into the lines I want (currently listed as "Row 2 Column 1, Row 2
> Column 2, ..."?
>
> How do I get the tables to stay within the print area?
>
> Thanks!! <<AthenaFormat.xsl>>
>

> Michael Gosselin
> Athena Diagnostics, Inc.
> (508) 756-2886 x3708