Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gabor Kincses <be...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/12 04:43:33 UTC

Sound

Hello,

This should really be pretty simple.  I'm trying to serve up an mp3 file
without any action mapping.  But upon trying to access the file I'm getting
a 404.  What's more interesting is that after directory listing is enabled,
the mp3 file is excluded from the listing.

This is on a pretty vanilla 6.0.18 out of the box on Windows.

Thanks,
Gabor

Re: Sound

Posted by Gabor Kincses <be...@gmail.com>.
God, I'm really stupid.  Forgot to tell Eclipse, hence it wasn't published.
What a bozo.  ;-)

Cheers,
Gabor

Re: Sound

Posted by Gabor Kincses <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sound

Posted by Gabor Kincses <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sound

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
David Smith wrote:
> Gabor Kincses wrote:
>
>> I'm guilty as well.  JRE 1.6-ish.
>>
>> Gabor
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Gabor Kincses <be...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This should really be pretty simple.  I'm trying to serve up an mp3 file
>>> without any action mapping.  But upon trying to access the file I'm getting
>>> a 404.  What's more interesting is that after directory listing is enabled,
>>> the mp3 file is excluded from the listing.
>>>
>>> This is on a pretty vanilla 6.0.18 out of the box on Windows.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Gabor
>>>

> Smells like an OS issue.  What OS? Is there anything that sets that file
> apart from the others like it being a symlink?
>
> --David

Sorry ... I should have seen the Windows part.  Anything else that might
set it apart?  Permissions?  Shortcut?

--David

Re: Sound

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Re: Sound

Posted by Gabor Kincses <be...@gmail.com>.
I'm guilty as well.  JRE 1.6-ish.

RE: Sound

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Gabor Kincses [mailto:berkert2@gmail.com]
> Subject: Sound
>
> But upon trying to access the file I'm getting
> a 404.

Have you changed the <mime-mapping> in conf/web.xml?  (Or for that matter made any changes to conf/web.xml?)

Try enabling the AccessLogValve in conf/server.xml and see if anything interesting shows up.

 - Chuck