Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by michaelnazaruk <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/17 12:55:02 UTC

solr word frequency

hi all! How I can get the frequency for word in index?

Re: solr word frequency

Posted by michaelnazaruk <mi...@gmail.com>.
I found more interesting way:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=bongo&terms=true&terms.fl=id&terms.prefix=bongo&indent=true
in terms.prefix we set the value witch we want to find :)
I hope this example help for another people ...
Thanks for all, who help me :)

Re: solr word frequency

Posted by Steve Radhouani <r....@gmail.com>.
in the Schema browser, you can specify the Top X Terms you want to display.
Here's what you have on the browser: *Docs: * xxx

*Distinct: * yyyy
Top Terms
Thus, you can get the frequency of a given word, even though it's not the
most elegant solution.

Re: solr word frequency

Re: solr word frequency

Posted by Steve Radhouani <r....@gmail.com>.
Using the "Schema Browser" of the Solr interface or Luke you can get the
frequency of a word in a specific field, but I don't know how to get it in
the entire index. A "dirty" solution would be to create a new field and copy
in it all your existing fields (<copyField source="existingField"
dest="newField" />), and then search the frequency of a given word in the
new field.

That being said, the frequency is available in the _i.frq file under your
index directory; perhaps you find a way to read it (I didn't it).
-Steve

  chema Browser <http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/schema.jsp>]