Posted to user@struts.apache.org by phillips1021 <bp...@ku.edu> on 2009/09/07 18:49:42 UTC

s:debug tag causes exception running in Jetty

Using the s:debug tag on a JSP in an application running in the Jetty servlet
container ( http://www.mortbay.org/jetty/ http://www.mortbay.org/jetty/ )
cause Jetty to throw the following exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Class:
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl File: TagLibraryInfoImpl.java
Method: toString Line: 127 -
org/apache/jasper/compiler/TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:127:-1

The same application runs fine with the s:debug tag in the Tomcat servlet
container.

Anyone have information on this problem?  I like to use the s:debug tag and
the Jetty servlet container during development and for example applications
since Jetty can be run with a Maven plugin.

Re: s:debug tag causes exception running in Jetty

Posted by wild_oscar <mi...@almeida.at>.
Actually, this tag is rather odd. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Whenever it doesn't work, it yields an error in

File: 	org/apache/jasper/compiler/TagLibraryInfoImpl.java
Line number: 	127
Stacktraces
org.apache.tiles.TilesException: ServletException including path
'/WEB-INF/tiles/baseLayout.jsp'.

the full stacktrace is in:
http://pastebin.com/f780b6eb7

If someone has more experience with this tag and knows its limitations, it
would be nice to have some input!

Posted by wild_oscar <mi...@almeida.at>.

Posted by wild_oscar <mi...@almeida.at>.

Posted by wild_oscar <mi...@almeida.at>.