Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michal Kwiatek <mi...@BiznesPartner.pl> on 2002/04/09 11:20:54 UTC

keep-with-next

Hi!

keep-with-next property does not seem to work. It is listed as 'implemented'
in documentation, however theres a 'broken' note next to it. Has anyone had
any experience with this one?

I use block objects to implement headings. That why I need 'keep-with-next'
property. But perhaps there's a better way to ensure that heading goes
together with the text after it. Any ideas?

Michal Kwiatek

Re: keep-with-next

Posted by Joe Sytniak <jo...@usol.com>.
I have found it to be unreliable as well. My experience was with trying to
keep rows in a table from splitting across pages. I found that

<fo:table-row keep-together="always">

did the trick splendidly.

Re: keep-with-next

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Michal Kwiatek wrote:
> keep-with-next property does not seem to work. It is listed as 'implemented'
> in documentation, however theres a 'broken' note next to it. Has anyone had
> any experience with this one?

The properties keep-with-next and keep-with-previous are
only implemented for table rows.

> I use block objects to implement headings. That why I need 'keep-with-next'
> property. But perhaps there's a better way to ensure that heading goes
> together with the text after it. Any ideas?

The standard is to put the heading and the first paragraph
(or similar block element) into a two row, one column table
without borders. The following appears to work:
       <fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="100%">
         <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
         <fo:table-body>
           <fo:table-row keep-with-next="always">
             <fo:table-cell>
               <fo:block font-size="40pt" font-weight="bold">Title</fo:block>
             </fo:table-cell>
           </fo:table-row>
           <fo:table-row>
             <fo:table-cell>
               <fo:block>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Consectetuer
  adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy. Nibh euismod tincidunt ut
  laoreet dolore magna. Aliquam erat volutpat. Iriure dolor
  in</fo:block>
             </fo:table-cell>
           </fo:table-row>
         </fo:table-body>