Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de> on 2003/04/08 18:31:22 UTC

AW: AW: Accessing named session attributes in XSP?

hi derek,

pretty old mail... anyway... ;-)

try the following: set the <xsp:page>'s attribute @create-session="false".
if you now get a NullPointerException, your xsp wasn't getting an existing
session (from which you wanted to get attributes). as the default is
@create-session="true" you always had a session with no attributes in it.

with 'how the XSP is accessed' I mean several things (ok, was a bit blurry
;-). with cookies disabled (e.g. in browser) and missing url rewriting,
you're effectively not having sessions. and when one browses to the page
created by that XSP, another empty session would be created (cause the other
couldn't be tracked). there are also issues with sessions created by xsps...

I asked that fuzzy question, because I didn't want to enumerate the
possibilities. It's a lot easier to diagnose the problem from a look at the
xsp and accompanying sitemap snippets.