Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jens Rantil <je...@tink.se> on 2015/06/05 14:15:16 UTC

Decommission datacenter - repair?

Hi,

I asked this on IRC earlier today, but didn't get any response;

Datastax's documentation on "Decommissioning a data center
<http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/operations/ops_decomission_dc_t.html>"
tells me to run a full repair and then decommission each node. Isn't
decommissioning going to hand over all data anyway? Then why is the repair
necessary?

Cheers,
Jens

--
Jens Rantil
Backend engineer

Email: jens.rantil@tink.se
Phone: +46 708 84 18 32
Web: www.tink.se

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/#!/tink.se> Linkedin
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/2735919?trk=vsrp_companies_res_photo&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A1057023381369207406670%2CVSRPtargetId%3A2735919%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary>
 Twitter <https://twitter.com/tink>

Re: Decommission datacenter - repair?

Posted by Jens Rantil <je...@tink.se>.
Ah, that explains things. Thanks!

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.

Posted by Kiran mk <co...@gmail.com>.
Yes,  but will not handover the data to any node,  it rather intimates that
other nodes of the replicas so that they rebalance the nodes with the help
of repair.

Best Regards,
Kiran.M.K.

Posted by Jens Rantil <je...@tink.se>.