Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by darkchanter <om...@hotmail.com> on 2014/07/04 22:00:43 UTC

Java Client API

Hello
I set up HBase 0.94.20 in stand-alone mode on my openSuSE, everything's fine
with that.

Now I am trying to reach it from a java program (running in eclipse)

My code crashes at line

HTable table = new HTable(config, "myLittleHBaseTable");

saying
com/google/protobuf/Message

Looks like the connection itself (and the session) is okay...

I imported the necessary jars and added the config-xml - is there still
something I missed?

You may find the code snipped here: http://nopaste.info/f0ff59718b.html

Thanks
Roger

Re: Java Client API

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Moving to user, dev in BCC.

Hi Roger,

Your issue is not on HBase side, so not in the config.xml. It's on you
client classpath that you are missing some jars.

You can use "hbase classpath" to see what are the jars required and make
sure you have them on your client side.

JM

Re: Java Client API

Posted by Gustavo Anatoly <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Roger.

Check again the necessary jars (protobuf). For HBase 0.94 you should import:

<protobuf.version>2.4.0a</protobuf.version>

If you have some doubt about the jars used by HBase, I suggest read the pom.xml.
For the version mentioned, check it out:
https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/0.94

Thanks.

Re: Java Client API

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.