Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Teck Hua Lee <gt...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/21 20:17:06 UTC

SVG Parameters Support

Is Batik planning experimental support for SVG Parameters? (a SVG 2.0
module)
I like what I'm seeing in the examples section:
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGParamPrimer/#Examples

I think this feature is very valuable for business applications that use
Batik.
It will be very nice if Batik can provide hooks so that apps can resolve the
parameters on the fly.

Re: SVG Parameters Support

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Teck,

Teck Hua Lee <gt...@gmail.com> wrote on 04/21/2010 02:17:06 PM:

> Is Batik planning experimental support for SVG Parameters? (a SVG 2.0
module)
> I like what I'm seeing in the examples section:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGParamPrimer/#Examples

   I don't know of anyone planning to support that.  However Batik does
have some support for sXBL (http://www.w3.org/TR/sXBL/) which I think
probably does what you are looking for.

> I think this feature is very valuable for business applications thatuse
Batik.
> It will be very nice if Batik can provide hooks so that apps can
> resolve the parameters on the fly.

        Right sXBL is for that sort of thing.