Posted to user@trafodion.apache.org by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com> on 2016/03/08 23:55:49 UTC

perl-DBD-SQLite*

Hi there All-

In the current installer we try to install this package: perl-DBD-SQLite*
(note the *), on RHEL 6 and Centos 6 this has worked fine.

I am testing the installer on RHEL 7.1 and it is not able to install
perl-DBD-SQLite*
only perl-DBD-SQLite.

Is just installing perl-DBD-SQLite going to be an issue?

Thanks!

Amanda Moran

Re: perl-DBD-SQLite*

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>.
Okay perfect. This is exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks to Eason and Dennis for actually digging into the code!!

Appreciate it!

Amanda Moran

Re: perl-DBD-SQLite*

Posted by "Zhang, Yi (Eason)" <yi...@esgyn.cn>.
Hi,

Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com>

RE: perl-DBD-SQLite*

Re: perl-DBD-SQLite*

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>.

wrote:

> Hi Amanda,
>
> At one point, I know we used SQLite for some internal configuration
> information, but I've lost track of whether or not we still do.  Otherwise,
> SQLite would be needed for a dependency, and at that point and we'd have to
> track that one down to see what's really needed.
>
> If we don't install the full set, does the install complete and does
> Trafodion start? No guarantees that we don't have a problem if it installs
> and starts because the dependency could be later in the execution path.
> But if install/start fails, at least that tells us that the dependency
> matters and points us to at least one place *where* something cares.
>
> -Carol P.

> Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
> Twitter:  @CarolP222
>
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi there All-
>>
>> In the current installer we try to install this package: perl-DBD-SQLite*
>> (note the *), on RHEL 6 and Centos 6 this has worked fine.
>>
>> I am testing the installer on RHEL 7.1 and it is not able to install perl-DBD-SQLite*
>> only perl-DBD-SQLite.
>>
>> Is just installing perl-DBD-SQLite going to be an issue?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Amanda Moran