Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by flittermice <fl...@gmx.at> on 2017/09/03 13:27:02 UTC

per-connection guacd

Hello,

in the release notes I read about this interesting new feature
(GUACAMOLE-189 - Add support for per-connection guacd) and I wonder how to
configure that.
I suppose that has to be done in the user-mapping.xml file, but I can't find
any documentation on it.

Does it work already or is the feature yet to be released?

Thanks very much!
Flittermice

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

Re: per-connection guacd

Posted by vnick <vn...@apache.org>.
flittermice wrote
> Thank you, Nick and Mike, for your answers!
>
> I can confirm that (literally) adding
>              xyz
> to user-mapping.xml doesn't have any effect.
> I can still connect :-)

Yeah, based on what Mike said, you'll have to use the JDBC authentication
module if you want this feature - which you probably should be using,
anyway, if you're doing any sort of serious Guacamole install.

-Nick

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

Re: per-connection guacd

Posted by flittermice <fl...@gmx.at>.
Thank you, Nick and Mike, for your answers!

I can confirm that (literally) adding
             xyz
to user-mapping.xml doesn't have any effect.
I can still connect :-)

Greetings,
Flittermice

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

Re: per-connection guacd

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 8:31 AM, vnick <vn...@apache.org> wrote:
> flittermice wrote
>> Hello,
>>
>> in the release notes I read about this interesting new feature
>> (GUACAMOLE-189 - Add support for per-connection guacd) and I wonder how to
>> configure that.
>> I suppose that has to be done in the user-mapping.xml file, but I can't
>> find
>> any documentation on it.
>>
>> Does it work already or is the feature yet to be released?
>
> The feature was released in Guacamole 0.9.13-incubating, and so it should
> work; however, I'm not entirely certain if it works with the basic user
> mapping authentication module, or if you need to use JDBC.  I don't
> currently use it, and the only place I see documentation for those
> parameters is in the JDBC module.
>
> Mike might be able to chime in with confirmation on whether it should work
> with basic user mapping - the connection attributes you're looking for are
> proxy_hostname, proxy_port, and proxy_encryption_method.  You're welcome to
> give those a try and see if they work.

The per-connection guacd feature is definitely specific to the
database auth. The simplified user-mapping.xml auth mechanism does not
provide a means of specifying a different guacd for each connection
(though that may need to change once the X.Org driver stabilizes).

- Mike

Re: per-connection guacd

Posted by vnick <vn...@apache.org>.
flittermice wrote