Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2017/06/07 20:40:45 UTC

Configuration issues with IGFS in Ignite 1.9

Guys,

after upgrading the Bigtop stack from Ignite 1.5 to 1.9 we are seeing
a number of issues introduced by changed script interfaces and
similar. However, the one which I still can not fix so far is this.
The secondary file system is configured like this:

    <property name="fileSystemConfiguration">
      <list>
        <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.FileSystemConfiguration"
parent="igfsCfgBase">
          <property name="name" value="igfs"/>

          <!-- Caches with these names must be configured. -->
          <property name="metaCacheName" value="igfs-meta"/>
          <property name="dataCacheName" value="igfs-data"/>

          <!-- Configure TCP endpoint for communication with the file
system instance. -->
          <property name="ipcEndpointConfiguration">
            <bean class="org.apache.ignite.igfs.IgfsIpcEndpointConfiguration">
              <property name="type" value="TCP" />
              <property name="host" value="0.0.0.0" />
              <property name="port" value="10500" />
            </bean>
          </property>

          <property name="secondaryFileSystem">
            <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.hadoop.fs.IgniteHadoopIgfsSecondaryFileSystem">
              <constructor-arg name="uri"
value='hdfs://0f6e4ed13002.bigtop.apache.org:8020'/>
              <constructor-arg name="cfgPath"
value='/etc/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml'/>
              <constructor-arg name="userName" value="ignite"/>
            </bean>
          </property>

And we are getting the following error message:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not create a Path
from an empty string
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.checkPathArg(Path.java:126)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.<init>(Path.java:134)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.hadoop.impl.delegate.HadoopBasicFileSystemFactoryDelegate.start(HadoopBasicFileSystemFactoryDelegate
.java:165)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.hadoop.impl.delegate.HadoopCachingFileSystemFactoryDelegate.start(HadoopCachingFileSystemFactoryDele
gate.java:58)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.hadoop.impl.delegate.HadoopIgfsSecondaryFileSystemDelegateImpl.start(HadoopIgfsSecondaryFileSystemDe
legateImpl.java:375)
        at org.apache.ignite.hadoop.fs.IgniteHadoopIgfsSecondaryFileSystem.start(IgniteHadoopIgfsSecondaryFileSystem.java:261)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.igfs.IgfsImpl.<init>(IgfsImpl.java:186)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.igfs.IgfsContext.<init>(IgfsContext.java:101)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.igfs.IgfsProcessor.start(IgfsProcessor.java:130)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.startProcessor(IgniteKernal.java:1644)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.start(IgniteKernal.java:903)
        ... 10 more
Failed to start grid: Can not create a Path from an empty string

Removing the value from cfgPath doesn't change anything. I'd
appreciate if someone can point me to the right direction: current
config examples aren't helping much either. Thanks!
--
  Take care,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.

Re: Configuration issues with IGFS in Ignite 1.9

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Sorry, please disregard the last one - that's my omission. service.sh
script is still fine!

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Vladimir,

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.