Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Jan-Philipp Niewerth <ni...@invencom.de> on 2011/08/18 10:19:01 UTC

Chmod files after upload via sftp

Hi All,

first of all I would like to thank you for your great work in Apache Camel.
It has become the swiss army knife for my integration tasks. A recurring
requirement is to chmod files after uploading them to a communication
partner's sftp server. Unfortunately this isn't supported by camel-ftp out
of the box. So I keep a patch around and now have to apply it to every new
camel version (since 2.2.0). I would love to see it upstream. I already
created issue (CAMEL-4346) and attached the 5 lines patch. Do you have any
suggestions what I can do to raise the chance it get's accepted?

Kind Regards,

Jan-Philipp Niewerth

Re: Chmod files after upload via sftp

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You did the right thing to create a JIRA and attach the patch.

How to contribute is documented here

To speedup, well you can send beers to the Apache team :)

However usually it helps with the speed if unit tests is provided as well.
However as your patch has been used in production since Camel 2.2, I
am sure its fine.

I added an unit test and polished the code a bit.

Its all in trunk now, and will be part of Camel 2.9.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Jan-Philipp Niewerth
<ni...@invencom.de> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> first of all I would like to thank you for your great work in Apache Camel.
> It has become the swiss army knife for my integration tasks. A recurring
> requirement is to chmod files after uploading them to a communication
> partner's sftp server. Unfortunately this isn't supported by camel-ftp out
> of the box. So I keep a patch around and now have to apply it to every new
> camel version (since 2.2.0). I would love to see it upstream. I already
> created issue (CAMEL-4346) and attached the 5 lines patch. Do you have any
> suggestions what I can do to raise the chance it get's accepted?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Jan-Philipp Niewerth

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource