Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ch...@emc.com on 2012/01/26 23:10:17 UTC

timestamped snapshots in local repo

Are there supposed to be timestamp uniquely named snapshot artifacts in my local repo?  I'm investigating the uniqueVersion = false setting to solve a disks space problem, but I read some threads here and there that expressed disagreement on whether there should actually be an accumulation of the these uniquely named artifacts in a local repo under normal operating conditions.  I assume they show up there whenever a build has a snapshot dependency.  I know that "installing" a snapshot doesn't create a uniquely named one, in contrast.