Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by U K Laxmi <la...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/08 17:12:53 UTC

How to access web site from other computers

I've a web application developed using apache and
tomcat on windows 2000 machine. I can access the
application locally. ie. using
http://localhost/web/JSP/login.html and also using
machine name ie. http://dummy/web/JSP/login.html. My
computer is in network. But i'm unable access my web
application from other computers. What should i do to
make my web application available on other machines as
well? Any other s/w i need? Pls suggest.

Re:[OT] How to access web site from other computers

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
First: Do you have any firewall software running on your machine?

Second: Can other machines on the network see your machine? Such as in
Network Neighborhood.

Third: Use your IP in the URL. http://172.16.1.37/web/JSP/login.html Of
course substituting in your IP.

Doug

Re: How to access web site from other computers

Posted by Mark Leone <mi...@cox.net>.
It sounds like you may have a firewall issue. Make sure that all
software or hardware firewalls in the path are configured to allow the
IP address and port you're sending from. Also make sure your router is
configured to rout IP packets from the WAN interface to the IP address
on your LAN that the Tomcat host is using.

As far as static IPs, I use cox cable as my ISP and I'm paying for
service that only provides dynamic IP, but they actually implement it as
static (mostly). Their DHCP server reserves IP addresses for each MAC
address, so as long as I expose the same network hardware to the ISP I
get the same IP address. Don't know if other ISPs do this, but thought
I'd mention it.