Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Alexandre Rodrigues <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/29 19:17:23 UTC

Drill queues – per foreman or across all Drill cluster?

Hi,

I'd like to confirm if Drill queues are per foreman or across all Drill
cluster?
In the case of being global, where is the information stored? Zookeeper?

Thanks
--
Alexandre Rodrigues

Re: Drill queues – per foreman or across all Drill cluster?

Posted by Alexandre Rodrigues <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Hanifi

--
Alexandre Rodrigues

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.
Just to clarify, the queues are ordered based on request timing. e.g. the
person who tries to start the query first will be the first to get the
semaphore. This is because Curator's shared semaphore is an ordered
construct. See [1] for more info.

[1] http://curator.apache.org/curator-recipes/shared-semaphore.html

--
Jacques Nadeau