Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Timothy Murphy <ga...@alice.it> on 2013/07/12 15:09:10 UTC

SpamAssassin with Amavisd-new

I have Postfix/Dovecot running on my CentOS-6.4 server,
and I'm trying to add SpamAssassin through Amavisd.
I have followed meticulously the instructions in
<http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd>.
As far as I can tell, amavisd and clamav are running,
as also is spamd.
I have set
  ok_languages              en it fr de ga
in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
but am still getting oodles of spam (I assume) in Chinese.
What am I doing wrong?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Re: SpamAssassin with Amavisd-new

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 15:09:10 +0200
Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I have Postfix/Dovecot running on my CentOS-6.4 server,
> and I'm trying to add SpamAssassin through Amavisd.
> I have followed meticulously the instructions in
> <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd>.
> As far as I can tell, amavisd and clamav are running,
> as also is spamd.
> I have set
>   ok_languages              en it fr de ga
> in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
> but am still getting oodles of spam (I assume) in Chinese.
> What am I doing wrong?

The textcat plugin doesn't work with unicode.

Re: SpamAssassin with Amavisd-new

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.
On 7/12/2013 9:09 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I have Postfix/Dovecot running on my CentOS-6.4 server,
> and I'm trying to add SpamAssassin through Amavisd.
> I have followed meticulously the instructions in
> <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd>.
> As far as I can tell, amavisd and clamav are running,
> as also is spamd.
> I have set
>    ok_languages              en it fr de ga
> in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
> but am still getting oodles of spam (I assume) in Chinese.
> What am I doing wrong?

Well, this shouldn't affect the results, but if you followed those
instructions, you should NOT have spamd running.  SA is being run from
amavisd, running spamd as well is a waste of resources.

To determine why you are getting the spam, take a look at the headers.
Are there amavis/spamd headers there?  Do the headers say it is spam?

--
Bowie

Re: SpamAssassin with Amavisd-new

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Timothy Murphy skrev den 2013-07-12 15:09:
> I have Postfix/Dovecot running on my CentOS-6.4 server,
> and I'm trying to add SpamAssassin through Amavisd.
> I have followed meticulously the instructions in
> <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd>.

see "2. Installation"

> As far as I can tell, amavisd and clamav are running,
> as also is spamd.

spamd is not used in amavisd, waste of resources

> I have set
>   ok_languages              en it fr de ga
> in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

spamassassin 2>&1 -D --lint | less

is textcat plugin loaded ?

is there missing perlmodules ? in dependice ?, that part can be seen in
--lint

> but am still getting oodles of spam (I assume) in Chinese.
> What am I doing wrong?

reading incorrect docs, using incorrect distros, i stop here :=)

Re: SpamAssassin with Amavisd-new

Posted by Dejan Doder <do...@gmail.com>.
please send logs to see what is happening
BR
DEJan

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Fri, 2013-07-12 at 15:09 +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I have Postfix/Dovecot running on my CentOS-6.4 server,
> and I'm trying to add SpamAssassin through Amavisd.
> I have followed meticulously the instructions in
> <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd>.
> As far as I can tell, amavisd and clamav are running,
> as also is spamd.
> I have set
>   ok_languages              en it fr de ga
> in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
> but am still getting oodles of spam (I assume) in Chinese.
> What am I doing wrong?

Be aware that all SA does is to add a header to every message giving its
spammminess score. Something else has to use that score to recognise and
deal with spam. So, what program(s) look at the message after SA has
scored it and what do they with spam that differs from what they do with
ham?

Martin