Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Pat Ryan <pr...@cardean.edu> on 2002/08/21 19:05:27 UTC

Re: question regarding upgrading jetspeed and property file synchronization

Thanks

I see how I might overwrite some values, but how would you suggest I append or
prepend my information.  For example:

services.VelocityService.file.resource.loader.path=<my path here>,<what ever
Jetspeed came with>

Thanks again
Pat

BTW:  I noticed in the TurbineResources.properties for the modules.packages
property the property is listed like:
modules.packages=org.apache.jetspeed.modules
modules.packages=org.apache.turbine.modules

Is the property loader in turbine additive?  Does one of the above override the
other?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Actually I don't think that they get overwritten, but instead the first
occurence becomes the first entry in a string array.
You can have multiple module entries and turbine wil automatically merge
them into a string array.
I believe this is always the case for strings
When getString is called, it returns the first occurence in the array
For other data types it seems to throw exceptions

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>