Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Sasan Dashtinezhad <sa...@cs.umd.edu> on 2004/02/20 00:09:48 UTC

Problem when trying to load Apache::Constants

I ahve a piece of code that tries to use Apache::Constants through
    use Apache::Constants qw( REDIRECT );
But when this code is run, I get the following error message:
[error] Can't locate object method "boot" via package "mod_perl" at
/fs/piranha2/sasan/PERL/Apache/Constants.pm line 8.!

I searched the Web, and found out that somebody has come across this
problem ebfore, and somebody else has said "cured in CVS tree" but that
was in a mail archive, and I'm not sure how can I fix the problem on my
machine. Any help will be strongly appreciated.

--Sasan

Re: Problem when trying to load Apache::Constants

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Sasan Dashtinezhad wrote:
> Perl: 5.8.0
> Apache: 2.0.40
> mod_perl: I couldn't find the version, but it's dated Sep  3  2002, and
> the size is 136226.

with Apache 2.0 you need mod_perl > 1.99 (aka mod_perl 2.0).

>> [error] Can't locate object method "boot" via package "mod_perl" at
>> /fs/piranha2/sasan/PERL/Apache/Constants.pm line 8.!

two thing.  first, it's Apache::Const in mod_perl 2.0, not
Apache::Constants.  second, you'll probably need to add

  PerlModule Apache2

to your httpd.conf, since you have both 1.0 and 2.0 installed.

HTH

--Geoff

Re: Problem when trying to load Apache::Constants

Posted by Sasan Dashtinezhad <sa...@cs.umd.edu>.
Perl: 5.8.0

Posted by Sasan Dashtinezhad <sa...@cs.umd.edu>.
Apache::Constants version = 1.09