Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Tim-Christian Mundt <mu...@tzi.de> on 2010/01/25 16:31:08 UTC

Webservice Framework

Hi,

as mentioned before, I'd like to develop some webservice stuff (e.g.
user store similar to the new LDAP). Do you prefer any frameworks? I
thought about using Apache CXF because it seems easier and more
lightweight than AXIS2. On the other hand it uses a lot of stuff from
Geronimo, adding size to James. Don't know how Axis2 behaves regarding
dependencies.

Cheers
Tim

Re: Webservice Framework

Posted by Tim-Christian Mundt <mu...@tzi.de>.
I just gave spring-remoting a SHORT glance. It doesn't yet seem to
support JAX-WS. Moreover, it seems to expose the service via servlets.
If I'm not wrong you'd need a servlet container for that.
I guess, I'll stick to Stefano's suggestion and use Metro (I guess
that's what you meant?) because I just read a whole bunch of positive
arguments for it and it's integrated in JRE6.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Tim

Re: Webservice Framework

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Webservice Framework

Posted by Tim-Christian Mundt <mu...@tzi.de>.

Re: Webservice Framework

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Tim,

Re: Webservice Framework

Posted by Tim-Christian Mundt <mu...@tzi.de>.
Yes, I wanted to use the CXF implementation of JAX-WS as they are said
to integrate with spring very well - even into existing applications
(other than AXIS2). Maybe you're right, will research a little more.

Re: Webservice Framework

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.