Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Kristian Mandrup <kr...@mandrup.dk> on 2004/10/12 11:01:54 UTC

Newbie WebDAV login problems!

Would like to edit/administer the Slide namespace. Trying to follow the
guideline...

"To edit or administer a Slide namespace, one user with root privileges
should be present in the namespace. For example, it can be done for the
default namespace by editing the conf/slide/slide.data file and uncommenting
the indicated element."

>From my [server/conf/slide/slide.data] file:

<!-- Uncomment and change the password to allow login as root to edit the
namespace -->
        <objectnode classname="slideroles.basic.RootRoleImpl"
uri="/users/root">
          <property name="password"
namespace="http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/">admin</property>
        </objectnode>

To my best knowledge the password property is NOT commented and the password
value has been changed to "admin"

Still when I do: http://localhost:8081/index.jsp in IE 6 or use DAVExplorer
with the same URI, I get "HTTP Status 401 - Unauthorized".

What am I missing here???

Kristian

---

Newbie create user problems

Posted by Kristian Mandrup <kr...@mandrup.dk>.
Just got Slide 2.0 up and running. Logged in using root, root using
DAVexplorer. Managed to create and delete a "test" collection.
Then tried to follow this guide:

http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-create-users.html

Created a test user visible in tree node structure, no problemo.

Seemed to be a small error in the group-member-set description so I used the
following for creating a group-member set. Save, close.

Tag: group-member-set
Namespace: DAV:
Value: <![CDATA[<<D:href xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/test</D:href><D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/john</D:href><D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/john2</D:href><D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/root</D:href>]]>

Tried to log into "localhost:8080/slide/files" with new DAVExplorer
invocation, but still only root, root works. No changes visible in the
slide/Domain.xml file... did it save? If so, where?

Then tried to edit slide/Domain.xml manually, inserting users/test in the
group-member-set as follows:

<objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"
uri="/roles/user">
  <revision>
     <property name="group-member-set"><![CDATA[<D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/test</D:href><D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/john</D:href><D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/john2</D:href><D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/root</D:href>]]>
</property>
  </revision>
</objectnode>

Running DAVExplorer again (without Slide server restart, is necessary?),
still no changes, "test" user can NOT login, only root. Any ideas?

Kristian

from an email sent ot me directly I can see you use Slide 1.0.16. It
uses a different security model than 2.0 so most people here will not be
able to help you. Is there any chance for you to upgrade to 2.x?

Oliver

Kristian Mandrup schrieb:

> Would like to edit/administer the Slide namespace. Trying to follow the
> guideline...
>
> "To edit or administer a Slide namespace, one user with root privileges
> should be present in the namespace. For example, it can be done for the
> default namespace by editing the conf/slide/slide.data file and
uncommenting
> the indicated element."
>
>>>From my [server/conf/slide/slide.data] file:
>
> <!-- Uncomment and change the password to allow login as root to edit the
> namespace -->
>         <objectnode classname="slideroles.basic.RootRoleImpl"
> uri="/users/root">
>           <property name="password"
> namespace="http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/">admin</property>
>         </objectnode>
>
> To my best knowledge the password property is NOT commented and the
password
> value has been changed to "admin"
>
> Still when I do: http://localhost:8081/index.jsp in IE 6 or use
DAVExplorer
> with the same URI, I get "HTTP Status 401 - Unauthorized".
>
> What am I missing here???
>
> Kristian
>

> ---

---