Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com> on 2012/03/02 12:53:49 UTC

NIS reporting WS.Reputation.1 on Windows developer snapshots [was: Re: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test]

Hi,

On 02.03.2012 11:22, Joost Andrae wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after downloading the multi language OOo-Dev 3.4.0_m1 build (r1293550) for
> Windows from
> http://people.apache.org/~orw/DevSnapshots-Rev.1293550/win32/OOo-Dev_OOO340m1_Win_x86_install_en-US_de_fr_it_es_ja_pt-BR_zh-CN_nl.exe
> Norton Internet Security found WS.Reputation.1 and removed the installation set
> from my system.

Greg Roberts also reported such an issue.

My system used to create the Windows developer snapshots has Symantec Endpoint
Protection running in an excepted mode for such protection system.
No virus are detected on my system.

I have additionally checked the created installation sets with newly installed
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012. Result: no virus.

It looks like that Norton Internet Security found a "false positive" here.

May be more people can check with their protection systems the provided
installation sets.

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: NIS reporting WS.Reputation.1 on Windows developer snapshots [was: Re: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test]

Posted by Greg Roberts <lo...@yahoo.com>.
This NIS "error" is a standard trust error and can be solved by publishing a release message to the Virus vendors and they will add the necessary updates to their respected definations packages.
Greg-