Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wesley Gill <we...@gillware.com> on 2006/04/26 21:21:58 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.12 No Common Encryption Algorithms Error

Hello,

I'm trying to setup SSL on a standalone Tomcat 5.5.12 install on Windows XP.

I generated the .keystore file by running the following at the command
prompt:

    C:\>"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\keytool.exe" -genkey
-alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

I entered values for all the questions and used the same password for
tomcat as I used for the keystore.  The .keystore file is created
successfully.

I edited the server.xml for the Connector as follows (keystorePass omitted):

               acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"  />

I fire up Tomcat and it starts without any errors.  When I try to access
the webapp on port 8443 I get a "Firefox and xxxxx cannot communicate
securely because they have no common encryption algorithms."

I've searched the web and a ton of docs trying to figure this out but
have come up empty.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Wesley Gill
Gillware Inc.