Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Mark A. Claassen" <MC...@ocie.net> on 2020/04/14 14:33:20 UTC

Opening HPROF files

Is there a way to open .hprof files in Netbeans?  I thought there used to be.

I was using jcmd to create some heap dumps that I created on another system.  I went to compare them in Netbeans and Netbeans doesn't want to open them.  If I go to the File menu and choose "Open File...", I get "There are no files associated with the current selection"

The old Java 8 jvisualvm can open them, so I know they are not corrupted.

Thanks,

Mark Claassen
Senior Software Engineer

Donnell Systems, Inc.
130 South Main Street
Leighton Plaza Suite 375
South Bend, IN  46601
E-mail: mailto:mclaassen@ocie.net
Voice: (574)232-3784
Fax: (574)232-4014

Disclaimer:
The opinions provided herein do not necessarily state or reflect
those of Donnell Systems, Inc.(DSI). DSI makes no warranty for and
assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the posting.

RE: Opening HPROF files

Posted by "Mark A. Claassen" <MC...@ocie.net>.
Thanks.  That is the first thing I tried.  It gives me an error: "There are no files associated with the current selection"

Mark

Re: Opening HPROF files

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Use File > Open File...