Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Asier Murciego <a....@captiva-sys.es> on 2003/10/02 12:32:56 UTC

EJB/SOAP/WEB Architechture

Hi!

I'm designing a simple architecture prototype for my university. The key
concept is EJB, but I'd like to add SOAP interfaces.
It would be wise to create a system like this?

EJB_Entities->(managed
by)->EJB_Session->SOAP_Binding->Servlet->WebAccess

The data is enclosed in the entity beans, and the service is in the
session bean which manages the data.
I create a wsdd for that bean, so the service is accesed via SOAP by the
clients.
One of the clients is a servlet which provides the html view of the
service.

I use Jboss+Axis+Tomcat.

Thx in advance

---------------------------------------
Asier Murciego Alonso

Re: EJB/SOAP/WEB Architechture

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Asier

sounds good. If am right this is what the JSR109 from jcp defined.

there are lot of statndreads define to do this i JSR 109 spec

regards

Srinath

Posted by Bruce Scharlau <sc...@csd.abdn.ac.uk>.
At 11:32 02/10/2003, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I'm designing a simple architecture prototype for my university. The key
>concept is EJB, but I'd like to add SOAP interfaces.
>It would be wise to create a system like this?
>
>EJB_Entities->(managed by)->EJB_Session->SOAP_Binding->Servlet->WebAccess
>
>The data is enclosed in the entity beans, and the service is in the
>session bean which manages the data.
>I create a wsdd for that bean, so the service is accesed via SOAP by the
>clients.
>One of the clients is a servlet which provides the html view of the service.
>
>I use Jboss+Axis+Tomcat.
>
>Thx in advance
>
>---------------------------------------
>Asier Murciego Alonso

Asier,

have a look at this example
http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~bscharla/teaching/mtp_software/jboss/jboss-net-EJB-example.shtml

you should be able to modify it to suit your needs.

cheers,

Bruce

Dr. Bruce Scharlau
Dept. of Computing Science