Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Macias De La Rosa Jesús Gerardo <je...@t-online.de> on 2006/09/15 18:26:11 UTC

Testing Derby

Hallo,

I’m using and testing Apache Derby und I’m missing a Service under Windows.

Is there a posibility to start Derby as Service under Windows ?

 Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Macias De La Rosa Jesús Gerardo

Tel:          0176 - 610 29 294

E-Mail:     <ma...@t-online.de> jesus.macias@t-online.de

Derby as a Windows Service [was: Testing Derby]

Posted by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com>.
Macias De La Rosa Jesús Gerardo wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I’m using and testing Apache Derby und I’m missing a Service under
> Windows.
>
> Is there a posibility to start Derby as Service under Windows ?
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Macias De La Rosa Jesús Gerardo
>
> Tel: 0176 - 610 29 294
>
> E-Mail: jesus.macias@t-online.de <ma...@t-online.de>

Here is a link to a previous message listing some utilities/programs
that can be used to establish a program as a Service on a Windows
machine. I am not a Windows Admin type so have not tried this myself but
there appear to be at least two options (srvany.exe, 'Java *Service*
Launcher (JSL)' or Java *Service* Wrapper by Tanuki Software - there are
probably others, you might check the Microsoft Site for other
possibilities).

http://www.nabble.com/Running-Derby-as-a-Service-tf279837.html#a793895

HTH

Re: Testing Derby

Posted by Francois Orsini <fr...@gmail.com>.
You'll find some interesting information in the thread below:

http://www.nabble.com/Running-Derby-as-a-Service-t279837.html#a785986