Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ashish Gupta <as...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/29 09:13:02 UTC

acceptCount throttling problem with HTTP connector only - tomcat 5.5

Hi,

We are using default tomcat 5.5 installation with only the HTTP connector
and realised that the behaviour of acceptCount as defined in the tomcat
configuration documentation is not consistent with observations.

On searching the Internet we found this was a problem, however the solutions
were discussed apropos the AJP. In our case AJP is not used or configured,
yet the defined acceptCount behavior is not visible. Our connector is
configured as

<Connector port="8080" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75" enableLookups="false"
redirectPort="9443" acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000"
disableUploadTimeout="true"/>

Now on sending 300 HTTP connection requests from JMeter none of those are
reset at TCP level. This means that all  connections are accepted - however
the responses come only for 100 since maxKeepAliveRequests is defaulted to
100. So essentially connection throttling is done only by the maxThreads.

The question is that is this a known problem/behavior with Tomcat 5.5
default configuration also?

Regards
Ashish Gupta