Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2014/08/20 21:31:03 UTC

Start HBase build from BigTop

Hi,

I have no issues to build and start HBase from HBase code.

But when I try from BigTop, at stratup I get a class not found error:
[root@hbr101 ~]# /etc/init.d/hbase-master start
starting master, logging to /var/log/hbase/hbase-hbase-master-hbr101.out
org/apache/hadoop/http/HttpServer
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
Failed to start HBase master daemon. Return value: 1       [FAILED]

If I export the Hadoop and HBase classpath, I'm able to pass this, but the
I face another ClassNotFound exception on the HBase side.

export HBASE_CLASSPATH=`hbase classpath`:`hadoop classpath`
[root@10-0-1-208 output]# /etc/init.d/hbase-master start
starting master, logging to /var/log/hbase/hbase-hbase-master-10-0-1-208.out
Started HBase master daemon (hbase-master):                [  OK  ]

2014-08-20 19:29:37,788 INFO  [main] impl.MetricsSystemImpl: HBase metrics
system started
2014-08-20 19:29:37,841 ERROR [main] master.HMasterCommandLine: Master
exiting
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed construction of Master: class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine$LocalHMastercom.yammer.metrics.stats.Sample
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.JVMClusterUtil.createMasterThread(JVMClusterUtil.java:140)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.addMaster(LocalHBaseCluster.java:202)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.<init>(LocalHBaseCluster.java:152)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.startMaster(HMasterCommandLine.java:179)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.run(HMasterCommandLine.java:135)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:126)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:2794)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/yammer/metrics/stats/Sample
    at
org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.lib.DynamicMetricsRegistry.newHistogram(DynamicMetricsRegistry.java:271)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.MetricsHBaseServerSourceImpl.<init>(MetricsHBaseServerSourceImpl.java:65)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.MetricsHBaseServerSourceFactoryImpl.getSource(MetricsHBaseServerSourceFactoryImpl.java:48)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.MetricsHBaseServerSourceFactoryImpl.create(MetricsHBaseServerSourceFactoryImpl.java:38)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.MetricsHBaseServer.<init>(MetricsHBaseServer.java:30)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.<init>(RpcServer.java:1878)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:438)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine$LocalHMaster.<init>(HMasterCommandLine.java:258)
    at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.JVMClusterUtil.createMasterThread(JVMClusterUtil.java:137)
    ... 7 more

I'm wondering, has anyone try to build HBase 0.98.4+ with BigTop trunk and
has been able to start it? I checked and class is on the metric jar, and
the jar in there on the CP. so I'm wondering where this is coming from and
still investigating. If I found anything, I will open a JIRA and provide
the details...

Thanks,

JM

Re: Start HBase build from BigTop

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 05:19PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari wrote:
> "Package specs are setting the permissions for most if not all files in the
> package. If something is missed - let's fix it in the packages."
> Sure. I will try to look at that. Will open a JIRA to track it.
>
> "Which init script are you fixing?"
> I face the issue when I call /etc/init.d/hbase-master so I will start from
> there and see where the path should be set.
>
> "My point is that HBase 0.99 and later doesn't have a master service
> anymore"
> I build with 0.98.5 so it should still be fine. I'm able to run now if I
> export HBASE_CLASSPATH and change the jars permissions...

Fair point, I think I got confused by something in the log's snippet from your
ealier email. Thanks for looking into this!

Cos

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Cos,

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Ok. I'm able to start the master in standalone mode if I use
"/usr/bin/hbase master start" without any classpath nor class not found
issue.

I will try to figure why the init.d script creates issues...