Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ashish Parikh <As...@CompuCredit.com> on 2007/11/15 23:02:30 UTC

connector threads issue

Hello,

We are using jboss as container for a high volume webservice engine
platform. We use http connector for request to come into the jboss. All our
transactoins are very shortlived on average less than a second.

Noticed couple of times that current busy thread cont just incrementally
goes up and server becomes unresponsive when it reaches max threads. However
while this happened i verified that there is no service that is slow
responding or anything of that sort.

The thread count just incrementally went up through the day. I noticed
thread count stats for the day through our monitoring solution we have.

What could cause the threads not to clear from jboss?
Jboss version: 4.0.4
JVM: 1.4.2

RE: connector threads issue

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Ashish Parikh [mailto:Ashish.Parikh@CompuCredit.com]
> Subject: connector threads issue
>
> What could cause the threads not to clear from jboss?
> Jboss version: 4.0.4
> JVM: 1.4.2

Usually bugs in the webapps or beans, occasionally hangs in the
database(s) you're talking to.  Take some thread dumps and see where the
threads are spending their time.

Chris: JBoss includes Tomcat; I don't remember if it's a 5.0 or 5.5
version inside JBoss 4.0.4.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: connector threads issue