Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Smith <ma...@invisiblesun.net> on 2003/04/25 00:21:53 UTC

Error: Invalid direct reference to form login page

Hi folks.  I just installed Tomcat (4.1.24-LE-jdk14) on mac os x
(10.2.5)

I modified my tomacat-users.xml file to enable the Tomcat
Administration webapp by adding a user with role admin and I get the
following error:

<snip>
HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page
type Status report
message Invalid direct reference to form login page
description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
(Invalid direct reference to form login page).
Apache Tomcat/4.1.24-LE-jdk14
</snip>

This only happens with a valid user and password.  If the username
and/or password is incorrect I get the standard invalid username
password page.

Anybody have any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks.

matthew