Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Wiebe de Jong <wi...@shaw.ca> on 2004/05/17 22:05:39 UTC

using Velocity with EJB

Hello,

I am new to this list and using Velocity in general.

I would like use Velocity to generate email bodies in my business tier, then
use JavaMail to send them off. The calls would be made from within Stateless
Session beans. Could anybody point me to some code examples of this? It
would be greatly appreciated.

Also, where would the templates be located? Could I store them as text
strings in a database, such as PostgreSQL?

Thanks

Wiebe de Jong

http://frontierj.blogspot.com <http://frontierj.blogspot.com/>

Re: using Velocity with EJB

Posted by Matt Raible <li...@raibledesigns.com>.
Here's how I've used Velocity with Spring to send e-mail messages.
Spring is used to wire the dependencies.

http://www.theserverside.com/blogs/showblog.tss?id=SpringVelocityEmail

HTH,

Matt