Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benjamin hansen <be...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/24 20:32:37 UTC

Hi,

I have read through this post:
https://crunchify.com/how-to-run-java-program-automatically-on-tomcat-startup/

which describes how to automatically start my project under tomcat during
startup.

Basically I have to add this to my web.xml

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>CrunchifyTutorials</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>crunchify.com.tutorials.CrunchifyServletExample</servlet-
class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

however the web.xml is generated by maven, so somehow i think i have to put
this into pom.xml which then will instruct maven to add this to the web.xml
file.

So my question is how i should put this into the pom.xml file?

Re: Hi,

Posted by Greg Chabala <gr...@gmail.com>.
https://stackoverflow.com/a/27805058/62462

web.xml is usually provided in source, it is not something that maven or
> any build tool has to generate

Never heard of web.xml being generated. Please show us your project if you
think it is.