Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2016/09/07 10:06:48 UTC

Creating a new release branch in preparation for the new release

Hi all,

I think it is the right time to create a new release branch out of the
trunk.

According to our naming conventions the release will be named
"release16.09".

Any objections or concerns? If not, I will create the branch later
today/tomorrow.

After that we will start, in a separate thread, the discussion about the
preparation of our first release out of this branch.

Thanks,

Jacopo

Re: Creating a new release branch in preparation for the new release

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
+1 Jacopo!

Thanks,

Michael

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
+1, Jacopo

Regards,
Michael

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacopo,

We would like to have OFBIZ-7828 with this branch. And we would try to
complete the effort to have all entities crud services. After that we will
work on that ticket more but, we just want to have all the basic services
with entities.I think we would be able to complete it by 5th of November.

Just to be clear more on this effort, we will address the other things in
that ticket later and complete the missing services part for this release.

Thanks!

Rishi Solanki
Manager, Enterprise Software Development
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com

Posted by gil portenseigne <gi...@nereide.fr>.
Hi Jacopo and all !

+1 for this plan.

I intend to contribute a sample of POI datasheet export (new simple
handler).

I will start to work on it this week-end :)

Thanks

Gil

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jacopo,

I have made a partial revert in r1767866 which now removes the bug that I
encountered with the classpath exceptions being thrown. This fueled my hate
even more to the custom classloader logic which I'd love to cut from the
roots.

So with that being said, I think we can go ahead and prepare a release
unless someone else is working on some issues.

Taher Alkhateeb

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilaments@gmail.com

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Taher,

At least here it did not work, same issue with same files when debugging, after clearing the all Gradle cache and doing a build

Jacques

Le 28/10/2016 � 12:44, Taher Alkhateeb a �crit :

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Taher,

I currently work in debug mode and I indeed get java.io.FileNotFoundException for:

.gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2.1\edu.ucar\netcdf4\4.5.5\675d63ecc857c50dd50858011b670160aa30b62\jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.7.jar
.gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2.1\edu.ucar\netcdf4\4.5.5\675d63ecc857c50dd50858011b670160aa30b62\ehcache-core-2.6.2.jar

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacopo,

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Yeah I'd also rather release after the massive changes we applied to have
something new for our adopters to start using.

On Nov 21, 2016 9:22 PM, "Jacopo Cappellato" <

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Right Sharan,

I also agree, I can't think at anything crucial pending, a vote should clarify.

BTW we should try to release more often than once a year as we already discussed, 6 months seems good to me. I must say a lot of changes have occurred
this year, and that's great to see :)

Jacques

Le 21/11/2016  15:59, Sharan Foga a crit :

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Jacopo

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hurrah,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This is done

Jacques

Le 27/10/2016 � 17:48, Jacques Le Roux a �crit :

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
I am planning to commit test cases (OFBIZ-1463), so it would be good if we
wait till next week.

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit