Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Jacob S. Barrett" <jb...@amduat.net> on 2007/11/16 21:08:46 UTC

Ant Tasks for Maven and Mirrors

I am having a problem using the Ant Tasks for Maven with a settings
file including the following mirrors section.

   <mirrors>
     <mirror>
       <id>mirror</id>
       <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
       <name>My Mirror</name>
       <url>http://mirror.example.com:8081/artifactory/repo</url>
     </mirror>
   <mirrors>

The Ant task appears to ignore that mirror setting and downloads
artifacts from the remote repositories described in the pom or
artifact:remoteRepository elements. The mirror is never used.

Further, if I add a mirror element with <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
the ant task will use my mirror for central.

But, if I have a artifact:remoteRepository defined in the ant file
with id="foo" and a <mirrorOf>foo</mirrorOf> in my settings file then
the mirror is not used.

Is the <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf> broken or not supported in the Ant
Tasks for maven? If it is not supported, then shouldn't a repository
defined in the ant file at least work when mirrored explicitly by id
in the setttings.xml?

Thanks,
Jake

Re: Ant Tasks for Maven and Mirrors

Posted by "Jacob S. Barrett" <jb...@amduat.net>.
On Nov 17, 2007, at 5:51 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> Finally, I opened MANTTASKS-97 for <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>, and
> fixed it for
> version 2.0.8, which sould be released in the next weeks.
>
> For normal mirror by id, please see MANTTASKS-85: perhaps you're in
> the same
> situation. This bug is fixed for 2.0.8 too.

Hervé,

You are my hero!

I look forward to the 2.0.8 release.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Finally, I opened MANTTASKS-97 for <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>, and fixed it for
version 2.0.8, which sould be released in the next weeks.

For normal mirror by id, please see MANTTASKS-85: perhaps you're in the same
situation. This bug is fixed for 2.0.8 too.

regards,

Hervé

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.