Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by Franz de Copenhague <fr...@outlook.com> on 2015/03/23 13:09:21 UTC

ReviewBoard

ReviewBoard is a very productive tool to review code and I have realized
that apache has this tool. https://reviews.apache.org/groups

So far, I have learnt that each project has its corresponding group in
review board. I would like to use this tool to submit patches and code
change, and other developers can review them and discuss the changes and
provide feedbacks at coding level.

I don't know who administrate reviewboard to request a new group for
Corinthia project.

Juande

Re: ReviewBoard

Posted by Gabriela Gibson <ga...@gmail.com>.
On 26 Mar 2015 16:50, "jan i" <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 26 March 2015 at 17:44, Gabriela Gibson <ga...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Jan (and Franz!),
> >
> > I can make a page on the wiki about it, once I have the net back.
> >
> Sounds good, but you will not the the net back, I am some other millions
of
> users need it :-)
>
> Since it is Thursday, you might get access to it.
>
> And do please remember I am about 3.000km away, so physical violence is
> very hard.
>
> Have a nice evening.
> rgds
> jan i.
>
> Ps. When do you think you will have a stable connection again ?

I need a 'special' modem which is with An Post, the local postal service.
I do not recommend the disservice of this company unless you enjoy epic
incompetence.

I am told they reliably failed to locate Google Docks in Dublin for
delivery of a book.

In my case, the initial problem was a failure to operate the doorbell
successfully, followed by the inability to tear off a parcel number sticker
without truncating it and the timing out my websession out after taking my
payment, after customer service taught me the trick to cheat their buggy
website into working.

Oh and the phone number on the leaflet was no longer valid.  I spare you
the rest but no potential problem was omitted so far.  Very comprehensive.

Sky tells me in their letter dated 16th which An Post delivered this
morning: 'a few days' before connection and gives me the friedly advice to
'put my feet up' in the meanwhile.

So I guess I'll be finding out exactly how long a piece of string is.

All this for a broadband connection speed of 3mb.

Maybe I should look into that carrier pidgeon protocol I vaguely remember
exists for unix.

:-D

gabriela.gibson@gmail.com>

Re: ReviewBoard

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: ReviewBoard

Posted by Gabriela Gibson <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jan (and Franz!),

Re: ReviewBoard

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: ReviewBoard

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi.

For Info, I have created:

RE: ReviewBoard

Posted by Gabriela Gibson <ga...@gmail.com>.

RE: ReviewBoard

Posted by Franz de Copenhague <fr...@outlook.com>.

RE: ReviewBoard

Posted by Gabriela Gibson <ga...@gmail.com>.
I only have a mobile atm for inet access(with a very slow connection so
things like Jira take years to load and the screen is tiny), so pardon the
questions:

1. What does the review tool give us that Jira or the mailing list doesn't?

2. How would we use Jira together with the review tool?

3. I just realised I didn't close issues I resolved in Jira (will do once I
have inet back) so I am wondering about the extra administrative overhead
using the review board this would add, as in that we would have to keep 2
tools up to date and have 3 places to visit.

Note I'm not against or for it, just not sure how to work this all :-)

RE: ReviewBoard

Posted by Franz de Copenhague <fr...@outlook.com>.

Re: ReviewBoard

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.