Posted to users@maven.apache.org by vicki <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/12 23:54:10 UTC

Can maven-compiler-plugin compile with aspectJ compiler?

I could not confirm that aspectj can be used as compilerId in
maven-compiler-plugin configuration. All my attempts to use aspectj maven
plugin failed in either compile or run time.
Thanks,
Vicki

SV: Can maven-compiler-plugin compile with aspectJ compiler?

Posted by Rune Flobakk <rf...@online.no>.
Seems like this also is present in the latest snapshot of the plugin:

        if ( complianceLevel.equals( "1.3" ) || complianceLevel.equals( "1.4" ) || complianceLevel.equals( "1.5" ) )
        {
            ajcOptions.add( "-" + complianceLevel );
        }

You could for instance download the source and see if it is possible to just add "1.6" to the check on complianceLevel. The latest snapshot uses aspectj version 1.5.4 so I guess it must be set to 1.6.1 to support Java 1.6, which probably is the cause of the check in the first place.

Source trunk: https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/aspectj-maven-plugin/
Snapshot repo: http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/mojo/aspectj-maven-plugin/1.1-SNAPSHOT/

I don't know if this will solve anything and without introducing any other conflicts, but it may be worth a shot since it involves only 2 small changes. If it works, you could do a private release of the plugin to your organization's repo (if any) and/or submit a patch to the plugin project.

- Rune

Posted by vicki <vi...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Rune Flobakk <rf...@online.no>.