Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 超级塞亚人 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/19 06:35:12 UTC

Uploading file to HDFS

I have a problem. Our cluster has 32 nodes. Each disk is 1TB. I wanna
upload 2TB file to HDFS.How can I put the file to the namenode and upload
to HDFS?

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.
You should be able to do it using WebHDFS.

WebHDFS is a REST API so there is no need to have hadoop installed on the
client where the file is located. YOu can find an example on how to copy a
file at the following URL.
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.0.4/webhdfs.html#CREATE

Olivier

On 19 April 2013 11:01, Wellington Chevreuil <wellington.chevreuil@gmail.com

--
Olivier Renault
Solution Engineer - Big Data - Hortonworks, Inc.

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.
Can't you use flume for that?

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.
Can't you use flume for that?

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.
Can't you use flume for that?

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.
Can't you use flume for that?

RE: Uploading file to HDFS

RE: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by David Parks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I think the problem here is that he doesn't have Hadoop installed on this
other location so there's no Hadoop DFS client to do the put directly into
HDFS on, he would normally copy the file to one of the nodes in the cluster
where the client files are installed. I've had the same problem recently.

I've tried setting up dfs-hdfs-proxy, though I must say that it's been
crashing when I try to put modest to large files through it (but I've got a
thread going with the developer on that issue). That, or one of the other
remote mount options might work well.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=
0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.apache.org%2Fhadoop%2FMountableHDFS&ei=T-pwU
Y74A8jPrQfYooHoBw&usg=AFQjCNEQbxmrMGKAETj3FPEw3Lr1PBHz-w&sig2=4JpEzZ_8IAyJ-N
PofSRmMg&bvm=bv.45373924,d.bmk

You could also install Hadoop on the box that has the 2TB file (I realize
that you might not control it or want to do that depending on the
configuration).

A remote NFS mount that you can access from one of the Hadoop boxes... ?

Split up the file into smaller pieces?

There are some ideas. I'd love to hear your final solution as I've also been
having fits getting into HDFS from outside the Hadoop environment.  I wish
it natively supported NFS mounts or some light weight/easy to install remote
DFS tools.

Dave

Can you not simply do a fs -put from the location where the 2 TB file
currently resides? HDFS should be able to consume it just fine, as the
client chunks them into fixed size blocks.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM, 超级塞亚人 <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a problem. Our cluster has 32 nodes. Each disk is 1TB. I wanna
> upload 2TB file to HDFS.How can I put the file to the namenode and upload
to HDFS?

--
Harsh J

RE: Uploading file to HDFS

RE: Uploading file to HDFS

RE: Uploading file to HDFS

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

RE: Uploading file to HDFS

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What should I do on namenode and datanode? Thank you very much

As Tariq has ask, can you provide datanode logs snapshots??

*Thanks & Regards    *

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Uploading file to HDFS

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

    Could you plz show me your config files and DN error logs?

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com